Sirocco Pharmacy Compounding & Travel Clinic is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect will be processed by us and we do so in strict accordance with the Province of Alberta`s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
In this policy, the terms “you”, and “your” refer to our customers, website visitors and application users. The term “we”, “our” and “us” refer to Sirocco Pharmacy LTD. and our affiliates.
Scope and Application
This policy applies to personal information, including personal health information, we collect, use or disclose when you provide it to us by using our website, application and Service whether in electronic or written form. This policy does however not apply to
- information provided by our corporate customers as this is governed through our corporate policies, practices and contractual arrangements.
From time to time, Remedy’sRx stores and its regional store licensors may participate in nationally managed promotions or programs (such as or eCommerce programs) and personal information may be transferred to us. As such you information transferred to us will then nonetheless be subject to this policy.
- Finally, this policy does also not apply to the practices of companies or other entities that we do not manage or control.
As set out in the PIPA, we are responsible for personal information under our control and to support our compliance efforts we have appointed a Privacy Officer. You can contact our Privacy Officer using the following details:
Sirocco Pharmacy LTD.
Attention: Privacy Officer
1919 Sirocco Dr SW #220
Phone: +1(403) 685-2883
Fax: +1(587) 387 7217
At Sirocco Pharmacy Compounding & Travel Clinic, your wellness is our priority. We take great pride in providing you with the most complete health and wellness services, products, and opportunities. The same applies to making sure that the information you pass on to us remains private. We have always safeguarded your health and personal information with utmost care. This policy outlines our procedures and guidelines that we follow to make sure we do not break this trust.
To demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we adhere to the following principles derived from the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada):
- Accountability: We are responsible for personal information under our control and designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for our compliance with the following principles.
- Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected are identified by us at or before the time the information is collected. The purpose may be identified orally or in writing.
- Consent: Your knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, except as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information is limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by us, or as required or permitted by applicable law. Information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: Personal information is not used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected with your consent or as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Accuracy: Personal information is maintained as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
- Safeguards: We are committed to keeping your personal information safe in order to protect it from loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, duplication, use by others and modification. Your personal information is protected by reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We use appropriate measures when disposing of the information.
- Openness: We make readily available to you specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information, such as the terms of this policy.
- Individual Access: You have the right to access your personal information collected by us. Upon request, within a reasonable time, we will tell you what personal information belonging to you is stored by us, what it is being used for and who possesses access to it. You may notify us in writing at our contact address of the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
You are responsible for keeping your information safe. Be responsible and cautious whenever you offer your personal information. You should ensure that whenever you disclose personal information, that information is used in an appropriate manner and stored safely.
Personal information is maintained as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. However, it is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and current, therefore please keep us informed of any changes to your personal information.
Collection and use of personal information by us
We do not collect any personally identifiable information unless you provide it to us or authorize a third party to provide it to us. In this sense you voluntarily provide your information either through your express consent, or implied consent by your conduct where the purpose of the collection, use or disclosure is obvious for example when you make a purchase or send us a message.
For further information on consent and how you can withdraw it please read the “Your rights” section below.
Please read the following section to learn more about the collection and use of personal information in relation to specific purposes on our website and applications. If you have further questions, please contact us.
We use your information
- to provide you with health information, tools and resources,
- to fulfill an online purchase of products,
- to administer and build your account with us,
- to market new products or services that we believe will be of interest to you,
- for research and opinion studies, or as required or authorized by law.
- to monitor and improve our internal programs and operations.
We may ask for personal information about you (limited to information that is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected) including
- telephone numbers,
- birth date,
- postal address,
- postal code,
- location and information about products that you purchase in our retail stores and online.
From time to time, we may also ask you for other information such as general demographic, family or personal health information or your interests.
When registering for an account
In registering for an account on our website or applications, your pharmacist and you will be providing us with personal information about yourself, including your personal health information, such as your prescriptions, medical history, and your requested pick-up pharmacy location.
You are also responsible for maintaining and promptly updating your account information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or on your account. Any person who has access to your account credentials may be able to access any of the personal information available in your account, including if you share your account credentials with a health care provider. In the case of your account, your registration code should also be treated as your account credentials, as it may be possible for someone to use your registration code to access your personal information available in your account.
When you request a new prescription or refill or to transfer your existing prescription
When you request a new prescription or refill or to transfer your existing prescription, we will forward this information to your selected pharmacy location and the request will be processed in the same manner and upon the same timelines as requests presented in store. Filling or transferring your prescription may require disclosure of that information to the prescribing physician, other health service providers or health insurers.
When you require technical support
In the event that technical support is required, your personal information may be accessed by authorized third parties to provide technical support. By submitting a request for a person other than yourself, you represent that you have all necessary consent and authority to make such request on behalf of the other person.
When making a purchase
We will collect information from you when you make a purchase on the Sirocco Pharmacy Compounding & Travel Clinic Online Store, whether or not you register for an account. This information is collected by Sirocco Pharmacy Compounding & Travel Clinic to process and fulfill your online transaction(s), which ensures that your purchased goods are shipped to the correct address, in addition to contacting you as needed with connection to your order. In the event that technical support is required, your personal information may be accessed by authorized third parties. But placing an order for a person other than yourself, you represent that you have all necessary consent and authority to make such requests on behalf of the other person.
When you pay on our website
Sirocco Pharmacy Compounding & Travel Clinic does not collect your payment or financial information. For e-commerce our third-party payment processor uses your payment information to approve or decline a purchase. At no time does Sirocco Pharmacy Compounding & Travel Clinic have access to your personal credit card or payment information.
Newsletters, promotions, wellness information and news updates
When you create an online account through siroccopharmacy.ca, you agree that we may provide you with our newsletter, eFlyer, promotions, health and wellness information and news updates. We send you only the information you have consented to receive. You can unsubscribe to any electronic communication from our websites at any time by using the “unsubscribe” or “opt out” mechanism included with the communication.
Surveys and Contests
Periodically, we may conduct surveys and contests through one of our websites or applications, email or in Sirocco Pharmacy Compounding & Travel Clinic stores. You may choose to participate and provide us your name, mailing address, telephone number, email and other personal information. We collect this information for contests to select and notify the winner. Personal information obtained in a survey will be used to understand needs and preferences of our customers.
Automatic Data Collection – Log Files
Like most other commercial websites and applications, our website and applications may monitor traffic patterns, downloads, site usage and related site information. We may automatically (i.e., not via registration) collect or compile certain information that is not personally identifiable when you access the website or applications. Examples of this type of information include the aggregate and unique number of visitors to the website, the dates and times of visits to the website, the city, province and country of visitors, the pages of the website visited and the content accessed, the browsers, operating systems, search engines and search terms used to visit the website and HTTP errors generated. We use this information in order to optimize our website and to assess usage of our website or applications. We may provide such information to our website or application contractors for these purposes, but this information does not include any personally identifiable information.
Automatic Data Collection – Cookies
Commercial and business services
We process data of our contractual and business partners, e.g., customers and interested parties in the context of contractual and comparable legal relationships as well as related measures and in the context of communication with contractual partners (or pre-contractual), e.g., to answer enquiries.
We process this data to fulfil our contractual obligations, to secure our rights and for the purposes of the administrative tasks associated with this information as well as for business organization. We only disclose the data of the contractual partners to third parties within the scope of the applicable law to the extent that this is necessary for the aforementioned purposes or for the fulfilment of legal obligations or with the consent of the contractual partners (e.g., to participating telecommunications, transport, and other auxiliary services as well as subcontractors, banks, tax and legal advisers, payment service providers or tax authorities).
Business and Marketing Analyzes
We may also use your personal information to generate summarized data for internal use and for tailoring the information we provide via our website or applications, newsletters, eFlyers, and updates. “Summarized data” means information which has been aggregated and analyzed to provide us with generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in summarized data.
Sharing of personal information
We do not sell your personal information to any other third party without your permission. We take reasonable precautions regarding any sensitive information or security information, such as contact information, health information, etc.
We may also contract with a third party to store or host our online data, which may include your personal information. We will only do so if we are satisfied that the third party is a reputable and reliable service provider, and we will not grant unauthorized access to your personal information.
We will not disclose or otherwise distribute your personal information to third parties unless this is necessary for the performance of our services, you have consented to the disclosure, or the disclosure of data is permitted by law.
The service providers commissioned by us, process your data exclusively in accordance with our instructions. We remain responsible for the protection of your data, which is ensured by strict contractual regulations, technical and organizational measures and additional controls by us.
Personal information may also be disclosed to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so e.g., by court order or if this is necessary to support criminal or legal investigations or other legal investigations or proceedings at home or abroad.
It goes without saying that we ensure that the respective service provider guarantees data security before passing on personal information. We will therefore only commission companies that can guarantee secure and proper data processing based on their qualifications and their technical and organizational capabilities.
We consider it our primary responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us and to protect it from unauthorized access. We therefore take the utmost care and apply the latest security standards to ensure maximum protection of your personal information. We have taken technical and organizational measures to ensure that the regulations on data protection are observed both by us and by our external service providers. However, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality or security of any email communications or information sent by you to us via our website or applications. If you wish to send us confidential information, please notify us first to make arrangements.
Obligation to provide personal information
You are not obliged to provide us with personal information. However, depending on the individual case, the provision of certain personal information may be necessary for the provision of the above services. If you do not provide us with this personal information, we may not be able to provide the service.
Retention of your personal information
Personal information will be retained in accordance with this policy only for as long as may be necessary or relevant for the identified purpose of collection, or as may be required or permitted by law, after which time it will be made anonymous or destroyed unless you further consent to its continued retention. Information that you may provide to us that is in excess of what is necessary for the identified purpose of collection may not be retained by us.
You have the ability to exercise the following rights:
- Right to withdraw consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions. For example, if you wish to opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications, you may use the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in our emails, or otherwise contact us directly and we will stop sending you communications. However, please note that your withdrawal of such consent may limit your ability to obtain certain products and services. Even if you choose to opt out of communications, we will continue to send you transactional messages about your purchases or product pre-orders.
- Right of access, correction, deactivation or deletion of accounts – You have the right to request access to and obtain a copy of any of your personal information that we may hold, to request correction of any inaccurate data relating to you and to request the deactivation or deletion of your accounts under certain circumstances.
- Right to submit a privacy complaint – You have the right to submit a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner in the jurisdiction of your residence if you consider that our management of your personal information infringes applicable laws (although we ask you to try resolve any complaint with us first).
How do I make a privacy right request?
If you have a question about our personal information practices, please contact our Privacy Officer. If you make a request, we will confirm that we have received your request and let you know if we need anything else from you. We typically fulfill your request within 45 days unless the request is particularly complex, or we receive multiple requests from you. In these cases, we may extend the time period, but we will always let you know. If we are unable to fulfill or decline your request, you may also ask the Privacy Commissioner in the jurisdiction of your residence to request a review to the Commissioner within 30 days of such decision.
For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the personal information associated with the email address and/or account that you identify in your request, and we may need to take other steps to verify your identity before taking any action. When permitted by law, we may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to your request.
Information from Children
Although we do not actively solicit personal or other information from children under the age of 13, it is possible for children to disclose their personal information to us. If you are under 13 years of age and would like to participate in our programs and are eligible to participate, please ask your parent or guardian for assistance. If you are under the legal age of majority in the province/territory in which you reside and want to register for any Sirocco Pharmacy Compounding & Travel Clinic account, you may only do so with the consent of your parent or guardian and that parent or guardian will have access to your information available through your account.
Links to other providers
Changes and Review
Queries and Complaints
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Sirocco Pharmacy LTD.
Attention: Privacy Officer
1919 Sirocco Dr SW #220
You can reach our Privacy Officer on (403) 685-2883 or per email using